Watch the "How To" video
How much does it cost?
|Per Hour Maximum||$14.99|
|Per Day Maximum||$84.99|
|Per Mile After 150 Mile Per Trip||$0.45|
|Driver Protection Fee||$1.00 + tax|
For only 41 cents a minute, parking, fuel, insurance, maintenance, cleaning, GPS navigation, 24/7 customer support and roadside assistance are all included. You only pay for the minutes you’re holding on to the car. And the charges are billed directly to your credit card.
The more you drive, the cheaper it gets. One hour costs a maximum of $14.99, and a full 24 hours is no more than $84.99. See full pricing chart above.
And there are no hidden costs, security deposits, monthly fees or charges. Finally, you can go for a ride without being taken for one.
1. Subject to 10% state rental tax and 5% city rental tax if rental started inside the City of Austin (The City of Austin requires that an additional tax of 5% be imposed on each motor vehicle rental for the purpose of financing the Town Lake Park Community Events Center Venue Project).
car2go parking is available at The Parking Spot, adjacent to Austin Bergstrom International Airport. Note: a $7.50 charge EACH WAY will be billed to your account for trips to and from The Parking Spot.
How to park a car2go at The Parking Spot:
- Enter the lot at 1600 Texas Hwy. 71 East, Austin, TX 78742.
- At the entrance, stay to the right and pull through the Self Parking Lane.*
- Turn right and follow the signs to the car2go designated spaces. You will only be able to end your trip in these specially marked spaces:
- Pull all the way forward to make space for another car2go to park behind you.
- The spaces will fit two vehicles apiece.
- You must end your trip. No stopovers will be allowed.
- Stay at your vehicle and the shuttle will come pick you up.
*If the Lot Full sign is displayed, see an attendant for instructions on where to park your car2go.
How to pick up a car2go at The Parking Spot:
- Reserve a car2go as soon as your plane lands via the car2go app.
- Go to The Parking Spot shuttle and tell them you have reserved a car2go. Do NOT rely on the shuttle driver to tell you if there is an available car2go; check your app!
- Before boarding The Parking Spot shuttle, confirm that your car is reserved. Please be aware that reservations last 30 minutes from the time that you book the car.
- Don’t have a smart phone? Dial our call center at 877.488.4224.
- The shuttle will drop you off at the car2go designated spaces.
- Return to the Home Area and end your trip at your final destination.
The Home Area
Begin and end your trip in any on-street City of Austin metered or pay station parking space inside the Home Area or at any car2go specific parking location.
For a more thorough look at parking locations and policies, check out our parking details.